Father’s Day is very near indeed, so here’s a breakfast / brunch idea that you lovelies can easily whip up for the “monsieur” of the house—Croque monsieur!
I remember watching “It’s Complicated” on HBO (which stars the lovely Meryl Streep–I wish I age that beautifully ;P), where Madame Streep’s character mentioned this sandwich! I was like “croque–whut?” so I googled it and bumped into the recipe! This lovely French fastfood snack is an upscale hot ham and cheese sandwich. Traditionally, this is made with Béchamel or Mornay sauce. Since I found the sauce too rich, I decided to cut that down and just added a bit of vegetables to make it “healthier”.. 🙂
Let’s get started on this very quick recipe!
• 2 slices of your preferred bread
• Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese, grated (if you wanna go traditional use Gruyere and Emmental)
• Butter, softened
• Romaine Lettuce
1. Preheat your grill at 150°C or 300°F. Make the sandwich, placing the ham between the bread slices. Spread the butter onto both top and bottom sides of your sandwich.
2. On medium heat, fry your sandwich on a griddle. Flip onto the other side. Take the sandwich out of the pan once golden brown. Place the sandwich on your cookie sheet.
3. Sprinkle the top of your sandwich with cheese. Grill it in the oven until the cheese is melted.
4. Add in your lettuce and sliced tomatoes. Serve!
So there goes a delish sandwich for you guys! 🙂 Happy Father’s Day to the very handsome “monsieur” of our home! We love you dad! 🙂
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in the world too! Bon appetit!