Ok, so I’ve been putting off writing the first post on this blog probably because of lack of inspiration or just plain-old timidity?! Well now that the dry spell’s over allow me to officially welcome you to our blog. Hoorah! Boom. Boom. boom * fireworks*
A few months back my sister (Ross) stumbled upon this awesome easy to do Martha Stewart Heart Pancake recipe! I know right! Was already sold on the pancake part, and Martha Stewart that’s just ssssweet! I know you can’t wait coz I can’t. So let’s do this.
Here’s what you’ll need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, plus 1 tablespoon for griddle
- Preheat griddle to 375 degrees, or heat griddle pan over medium-high heat. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Add egg, milk, and 2 tablespoons melted butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Test griddle by sprinkling with a few drops of water. If water bounces and spatters, it is hot enough. With paper towel, brush 1/2 teaspoon butter onto griddle. Wipe off excess.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch plain round tip with batter; twist end of bag, and secure with rubber band. Working in batches, pipe heart shapes, drawing V of batter in center of hearts to fill, on heated griddle. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around the edges, about 2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on the bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, using 1/2 teaspoon butter on griddle for each batch, keeping finished pancakes on a heat-proof plate in the oven until ready to serve.
And since it’s mother’s day tomorrow, we’re making our first post an homage to all of our kind-loving-self-sacrificing-but-sometimes-drives-me-crazy-mothers out there. It’s great that we get to do the first post and dedicate it to all the dear mothers … especially to our very own– Mrs. B. It’s like hitting two birds with a Mother rock! Happy mother’s day!
Why not give this easy recipe a try and surprise your mom with a special breakfast in bed, tell us what you think and how it went…